Monday, May 5, 2008

Wayne Goodwin Lead Grows in State Poll for Insurance Commissioner

My campaign for NC Insurance Commissioner was very pleased with this week's poll from Public Policy Polling (PPP).

Specifically, the poll results indicate that my campaign has its largest lead yet over my Democratic primary challenger. Presently I serve as the Assistant Commissioner of Insurance and a former legislator; the challenger is the president-elect of the NC Association of Health Insurance Underwriters.

Even more important are the following:

My campaign apparently led in every cross-tab category but one, and in that one I trailed very marginally.

And, among early voters, I had a commanding lead of approximately 20 percentage points. According to PPP, this indicates that when voters have a chance to examine the backgrounds of the Insurance Commissioner candidates that they choose my candidacy.

Notwithstanding these numbers, my campaign team is still very, very busy as the final hours tick down towards the primary election.

Please share with your colleagues, friends and family the urgent message that their vote for Insurance Commissioner will determine whether the consumer protection legacy of Insurance Commissioner Jim Long continues ... or whether it dies on the vine.

Let's keep consumer protection a number one priority for the Department of Insurance.

Vote Wayne Goodwin for NC Insurance Commissioner!

www.waynegoodwin.org

No comments: